As per ServiceNow Docs,The goal of Servicenow Incident Management is to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible, while minimizing impact to business operations and ensuring quality is maintained.
ServiceNow Incident Management supports the incident management process in the following ways.
- Log incidents in the instance or by sending email.
- Classify incidents by impact and urgency to prioritize work.
- Assign to appropriate groups for quick resolution.
- Escalate as necessary for further investigation.
- Resolve the incident and notify the user who logged it.
- Use reports to monitor, track, and analyze service levels and improvement.
Any user can record an incident and track it through the entire incident life cycle until service has been restored and the issue has been resolved.
If you are new to ServiceNow Incident Management,Want to learn more about it,You can explore these below links
- Incident Management process
- Incident Management state model
- Incident Management service improvements
- Upgrade to London
- Domain separation in Incident Management
For ServiceNow Incident Management Setup,Steps to follow as
- Create an incident template
- Create a record producer
- Configure incident categories or subcategories
- Define an assignment rule for incidents
- Incident promotion UI actions
- Configure Incident Management
For ServiceNow Incident Management Administration,Steps to follow as
- Specify the field a KB article is copied to
- Show flagged VIPs in the incident list
- Performance Analytics for Incident Management
For ServiceNow Incident Management Developer Documentation can be found here
For ServiceNow Incident Management Integration Steps:
Incident ticketing integrations
This is brought to you by HT,A servicenow consulting services and ITSM consulting company.For any business discussions,you can drop a message here.